In order to be licensed to practice using the titles professional dietitian (P.Dt.) or nutritionist in Nova Scotia, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A four year bachelor’s degree (dietetics) from an accredited university (or education deemed equivalent by the NSDA Registration Committee).
- A 35-40 week accredited dietetic practicum (or practicum experience deemed equivalent by the NSDA Registration Committee).
- Pass of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE).
In Canada, the university degree and internship are based on entry to practice standards, the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice.
Complete the online application form by going to members.nsdassoc.ca.
Mail payment or application documents to:
Nova Scotia Dietetic Association
301 - 380 Bedford Highway
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 2L4
- Application fee: $85
- Full membership: $310 ($155 after September 30)
- Non-sufficient funds charge: $25
Registration policies can be found within the Policy and Procedure Manual.