In order to be licensed to practice using the titles professional dietitian (P.Dt.) or nutritionist in Nova Scotia, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A four year bachelor’s degree (dietetics) from an accredited university,
- A 35-40 week accredited dietetic practicum, and
- Pass of the Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE).
In Canada, the accredited university degree and practicum are based on entry to practice standards, the Integrated Competencies for Dietetic Education and Practice.
Mail payment or application documents to:
Nova Scotia Dietetic Association
301 - 380 Bedford Highway
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 2L4
- Application fee: $85
- Application fee for reinstatement (if not currently licensed with another Canadian Dietetic regulatory body): $185
- Full license: $400 ($200 after September 30)
- Non-sufficient funds charge: $25